Stencils, Prints, and Crafts Galore




My my, it's quite hard to put things in categories. I have been all over the place in the making of things that this might be a post that proves to be the dumping ground for all my experiments. I have been finding a lot of joy in stencilling recently as well as this new aesthetic I'm developing here in Vermont. This may explain the animal themes. Plus, as we all know, animals are very in right now. Another Vermont factor is that there are some hard core crafters here. They don't fuck around. None of this contemporary, "I'm just gonna use the idea of craft because it reminds me of the 60's" bullshit. (Don't get me wrong, all I am is a contemporary crafter)...but man, if you really want to see dedication, if you really want to see neurotic, obsessive compulsive behavior, come to Vermont and we'll take a tour. I met a weaver the other day who was so excited to see me in her shop. She was inviting me to classes, selling me cloth goods, while simultaneously knitting, weaving, and spinning, all the while jumping up and down for the love of craft. My hero. My other hero, I realize, is my mom, who was also a weaver while I was growing up. I wish I had inherited just a tad bit more of her...I don't even know what to call it...patience???
Anyway, first up we have some old stencils I did that first got me excited about crafting. They are called "Birds of Wisdom"
2. Here are some of my stencil friends. (there are a few up donated by friends). They are the part that got cut out (obviously), and they are now enjoying a view from my studio wall.
3. Here's the draft of a poster I'm working on that will become available in quantity once I get the silk screen printer up and running
4. a flower mbroidery on silk

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home